Tuesday, October 09, 2007

If you're happy and you know it clap your hands (or don't)

Hi Nat.

I know you're the only one that may or may not be reading this thing anymore, so just in case you do happen to check my blog, I just wanted to say hi. I'd like to know more about this bet you placed having to do with McDonalds joints in France. Today Sarah and I turned on Paul Simon's 'You can call me Al' in the apartment and we 'kindergarten danced'. 'Kindergarten dancing' is a very accomplished art form popular amongst the younger crowds, generally ages 3-4. It requires a certain lightness of foot accompanied by a high level of physical and emotional inhibition, freeing the limbs of the body to move as they wish. Naturally, I thought of you. I even borrowed a few of your better moves, including the 'I'm gonna fake you out and make you think I'm gonna play the air flute', as well as the 'ooom, ooom dip'. Oh, and I like you.

Suppose someone else is reading this. Life is good, life is busy. Its interesting to go away for a summer, get a real job, and come back to school for 9 final months and realize how detached college is from the real world. To be perfectly honest, I think I prefer the real world. Maybe its just that whole getting ready to move on thing. I sit in the library, holed up in a corner listening to Mozart on my iPod (hoping desperately and in vain that Mozart will make me smarter) slaving away on my thesis and I hear Freshmen giggling over cute boys in their 1st year writing seminars (never mind the fact that their prof told me their first writing assignments were so horrible that not a one would have merited a C so she threw them all out). There was a day that I went to the library to discuss my classmates with my friends, but let me tell you, that day has long since passed. I didn't go to a K-party on Saturday. I baked cookies at home and watched a pollination video by David Attenborough. I'm becoming lame. Although, I did drink with my Bio profs on Friday. We killed a keg. We also made references to DNA polymerase while playing card games. LAME.

Ah well, these are the best days of our lives, are they not? I'll miss them when they're gone. I hate transitions.

2 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Hey, I wrote a little response to this today on my blog.

8:57 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

By the way - write something new damnit!

10:46 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home