Sunday, March 08, 2009

Hidden Talents You Never Knew You Had

I recently discovered a new talent of mine.

I spent a few nights last week teenagersitting for a family friend. It was kind of an emergency situation, which meant that I threw enough random articles of clothing in a bag to get me by for a few days. I realized that I didn't pack any socks, which is a common mistake of mine, and given that it was near 40 degrees F, I really felt that I wouldn't be comfortable working on my feet all day long without a foot to shoe barrier. This being the situation, I decided to stop by the drugstore on my way to work to pick up a cheapo pair of socks. Roadwork on the street outside my place of employment was causing me to be even more late for work, so I decided to save time by attempting to put on my socks while driving - a stupid idea, really, since driving involves careful control of your feet. I expertly managed to put on a pair of knee-high socks from underneath the steering-wheel while switching feet to manage the gas/break pedals. I was impressed. All day long, however, I felt an odd pinching pressure on my right ankle, almost as if my sock was falling down. The pinch faded in and out of my awareness throughout the course of my day, but it was never uncomfortable enough to actually take a look at my leg to see what was going on. Later that night, as I was undressing, I found a hair-tie on my ankle, underneath my sock. What? I was so confused, I almost started to panic. How was this possible? I then realized that everyday, without even thinking about it anymore, I wear a hair-tie around my wrist in case I desire to pull my hair back during the day. I've done it for so many years that I don't even think about it anymore. I just always have one on me. Somehow, without even noticing it, I managed to displace my hair-tie from my wrist to my ankle while struggling to put my socks on underneath the steering-wheel that morning. That, my friends, is pure talent. I was impressed, aren't you??

2 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

I decided to randomly check your blog to see if you've written anything in the past two months. I was pleasantly surprised to find a couple of new posts! Good job, sister!

Although, I might recommend the occasional paragraph break on some of these....

Love,

"Sage" Topping

1:33 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dont listen to "Sage", he's just jealous.

Mombolicious

5:42 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home